Potting bench is going to add luxury to your gardening experience with these free plans; moreover, it is an essential technique to make sure everything extra within the garden space remains organized. Important gardening items like empty pots, soil pots, gardening tools, fertilizers and related supplies can be kept at one location. You don’t have to spend lots of money on buying such a gardening table, in fact, you can create one on your own.
There are so many detailed and comprehensive diy potting bench plans available online that you would not face any trouble carrying out activity on your own. Listed below are some of the simplest gardening bench plans that are going to make your life easier, once you are done with it.
1- $150 DIY Potting Bench Plan
Using this potting bench plan you can create a gorgeous looking, spacious bench for the garden. It has two large slabs for placing pots and vertical board for hanging tools, it’s simple yet elegant. Read Ana White plan here.
Here are brief instructions to make this RyobiNATION Potting Bench.
- Mark the back legs from the bottom at 11-1/4” and 35-1/4”. Screws the 22” long side aprons to the back legs.
- Mark the front legs 1-1/2” in from front edge and also 11-1/4”. Fix 22” long side aprons to the front legs.
- Attach front aprons to the side aprons with 2” deck screws and glue.
- Place shelving boards on top and bottom at ½” gap between the two.
- Cut cross bracing at 45 degree angles on ends. Attach to the back legs and upper shelves.
- Attach hutch back boards to back legs leaving about 2” gap in between boards.
- Add hooks and towel bar for additional accessories.
2- Pallet Potting Station
Foldaway recycled pallet is perfect outdoor potting station that can be fixed against the wall. Know the simple steps leading to successful completion of the project. The expertise required for the construction of this garden work bench might not be for starters, but if you seek help from a professional, it is going to be real fun activity.
3- Redwood Table Plans
Redwood garden potting bench is going to accommodate everything extra that is placed in your garden. Since the wood used is weather resistant, the table is going to last for years. The beauty of the table lies in its design which includes so many small and big compartments for organizing supplies.
4- Treated Lumber Potting Table
Well at first sight it is going to look like a mini dressing table. Sophisticated, elegant and beautifully designed, this is perfect type of outdoor potting bench that can surge the beauty of your garden space. If you have good carpeting skills, take out two weeks time and you would be done.
Below are brief steps to build this potting bench.
- From 2″x4″s, cut and arrange the frame runners and frame stretchers to length to form a rectangular frames.
- Cut, glue and screwed wide and narrow slats to the frame.
- Cut and join the front runners, stretchers, rear runners, back and front legs to the length.
- Assemble the the bottom and upper portion and legs.
- Make the shelves for the bench.
- Cut the front, back and side aprons, apply glue and clamp them in place.
- Cut and build the bin.
- Examine all the assemblies. Sanding and paint the bench.
5- DIY Potting Bench
Look at the way Tom Thulen teaches you how to build a bench for your garden . This is one of the most versatile plans with proper detail of each step.
Here are brief steps to build this potting bench.
- Cut the 2-by-4 legs and leg blocks to the length.
- Secure the legs and leg blocks to one another with construction adhesive and 10d galvanized nails.
- Build the frames for top and bottom platforms. Using screws fastening the corner joints.
- Using galvanized nails install 1-by-6 slats.
- Notch the outer two slats on the bottom platform to fit around the front legs.
6- Three Level Potting Bench
Choose cedar of treated lumber for starting the construction of this particular type of bench. The expertise required are medium level with 7 to 8 hours to have it done. Get the instruction at This Old House
7- Red Lumber Potting Bench
Read the PDF to know the details about this gorgeous looking potting bench – if your garden is the place to fall for, this is perfect plan to feed your need.
8- Beginner Level Bench Plan
If you haven’t find anything that you may think is the right DIY activity for you, read Ana White’s beginner level bench plan – nothing can be more convincing than this one.
9- $200 Year Round Garden Station
Once you have this, you would not have to worry about anything; with proper space and elegant design, this is going to win hearts of all. Get the instructions at This Old House
10- 15 Step Bench Plan
Very simple, quick and detailed plan regarding the making of potting bench is here for you. Learn in detail about materials, supplies, and tools to avoid any chaos and complete the bench making process with desired results.
11- Tri-Wood Potting Station
12- Simple Garden Potting Bench
With various shelves and attractive design, this potting plan works well for those who have to accommodate larger supplies or pots in the garden. view the detailed video tutorial here, there is no room for any mistake now.
13- Custom Potting Bench
The best thing about custom plans is that you get the perfect shape or space you require. While working on such a plan you can ideally create a masterpiece in your home to suit the need of your garden supplies. Moreover, if you master the art of making elegant potting benches, you can sell them too.
14- Short Potting Bench
In case you don’t want to spend time making a proper potting station, you can work out with this simple idea – a small table looking DIY bench is going to help you with organizing the gardening tools and pots.
15- Elegant Garden Workbench
To all the gardeners who have heart into their spaces, this plan is going to ease your work, while adding ultimate beauty to the garden area. Learn here how to get the task done. See the detail at Sunset.com
16- Pallet Potting Workstation
To be honest, this plan is not much organised or pretty, but it is going to work really well for those who just intend to have basic pallet potting work station for keeping their gardening belonging.